Wednesday 11 March 2009

Powwow



I found this website about Powwow. It has some cool picture, so I took them. A powwow can be called powwow or pow wow or pau wau. It is a gathering of North America's native people. The word comes from Narragansett word "powwow". A Narragansett is a tribe of North America's native tribe of Algonquian language group. The word means "spiritual leader".







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this website. It has lots of informations, it is a great website! I choose a part I like to tell you. In Powwow, the Native America people join in singing, renew an old friendship or makes a new ones. It's good way to save traditional heritage. Many people believe the Southern tribe were the origin of "Powwow".



----------------------------------------------------------------------




This website has some informations, but it's picture more. I took a photo in that website. The powwow come from early 1800s the gathering of North America tribe, before European entrance to the west of hemisphere. They hunt, plant, gather and to celebrate. They always come together, because they need to renew family and clans. They also need to celebrate triumph. Young men and women always meet in this celebration.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo 1:It's a Men's traditional dancers, I think their clothes is fancy.
Photo 2:It's a fancy dancer, I think he is good at dance.
Photo 3:A "Grass dancer, what a beautiful dance. Howard would like it.





1 comment:

Savant English School said...

Great job Hank. This is exactly what I want!